IraqPartnership Learn More
Projects on this site are community-led initiatives under USAID’s Community Action Program (CAP). Managed by five international NGOs, CAP works directly with communities, in consultation with local government representatives, to facilitate the creation of community associations that identify and prioritize critical, local needs, and development projects in response. CAP focuses on the following areas:
- Community mobilization;
- Social and economic infrastructure development, employment and income generation;
- Environmental protection and management.
To date, more than 3,500 projects have been completed across all 18 governorates; however, the need for additional reconstruction and development exceeds the resources available.
Learn more about the Community Action Program.
CAP projects on IraqPartnership.org are selected by the implementing NGOs, USAID, and GlobalGiving based on the following factors:
- Project need;
- Ability of existing contract or grant to absorb donated funds;
- Ability of implementing partner to provide project information and status reports;
- Ability to protect anonymity of implementing partners and beneficiaries; and
- Ability to meet GlobalGiving’s marketability, reporting, and other guidelines.
Donor information is retained by GlobalGiving, and is not disclosed to USAID. No donor will receive preferential treatment in its dealings with USAID, nor will any party face discriminatory treatment if they decline to donate.